Monday, March 13, 2006

2/09/06 ok ok

It's been a while, I know. Since my last entry, not much has changed. Latest word on Schneids in the inter 150-3 game. . . . "d0000d: dangero your money feels so good rubbing it against my c*ck." Ahh degenerates. . . . Anyways. . . . who saw the grammys last night? Yes, yes, Fiona got snubbed, but what did anyone expect? I was pulling for Kanye because he seemed like he cared the most.
I would like to give a shout out to Shane Schleger, aka "Shaniac" for his 220k win in the $300 rebuy tourney at Commerce. According to several poker sites, he "decimated" the final table. Also, props to Matt Szymaszek and Jesse Martin for having the savoir-faire to take %5 of this talented young man.
As for myself, more of the same. I have decided I am going to make the most of the Party bonus that I have been offered, which should be about 6k over the next 8 weeks. I need motivation to play anyways, especially since I have a "sigh" job, and I am often very tired at the end of the day. Last weekend I had the pleasure of a visit from my friend Tim, who was staying in Boston for the weekend with his wife. They dined on Saturday at Strega, which is a restaurant around the corner from me in the North End in Boston. Tim came over and we drank some Johnny Walker Black as well as a few Amstel Lights. At one point, Tim had to take a piss, so I decided to go have a cigarette. This is significant in that as I walked the bathroom of my one bedroom apt, I noticed Tim left the door open. There is a large mirror in the bathroom, so, as it turned out, I accidentally caught a glimpse of Tim's hog. Now that is significant. Tim once boasted of having a large hog. He gave a specific length even that neither I, nor any of our friends, believed (Tim has a slight history of exagerrating). Anyways, a few years ago, while sitting around after a night at the bar, we decided to call him out and asked him to whip it out. He wouldn't, adding to the mystery of whether this was a tall tale. It turns out that he was not lying. End of story. . . .
I just watched the second season of BBC's The Office and the Christmas special. That show is gooooooood. I actually felt a little uncomfortable watching David fall from power, and I did, in fact, get somewhat emotional at the end (Disclaimer: I was kind of drunk, and it was just like kind of how you felt when you were 8 and watched the Death Star blow up). I would get into specifics, but I don't want to spoil it for those that haven't seen it. I was telling this to Lynette, a girl I have been seeing recently, and she said, "wow, I wouldn't strike you as the sensitive type. . . " I didn't think I was either, but that's the second time in a week and a half I got emotional (by emotional I mean slight general palpable happiness, not like man-weeping) over something like that. (Other time: When the dude from That 70s show said he was in love with scarlett johanssen in Good Company in front of her cinematic dad. .
Token Poker Blog Hand: Party 20-40. . . .
***** Hand History for Game 3503488064 *****$20/$40 Texas Hold'em - Monday, February 06, 01:20:14 EDT 2006Table Table 69593 (Real Money)Seat 5 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10
Seat 2: p847519 ( $1141 )Seat 3: putterdere ( $1105 )Seat 4: warden944 ( $1376.50 )Seat 5: ucelm ( $931 )Seat 6: Terminator8 ( $834 )Seat 8: EmlyFischer ( $1530 )Seat 1: richsugar ( $1142.62 )Seat 9: WhiteBubble ( $537.50 )Seat 10: anthony20001 ( $1578.50 )Seat 7: Lestat__ ( $1097 )
Terminator8 posts small blind [$10].Lestat__ posts big blind [$20].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to EmlyFischer [ 7d 7h ]
EmlyFischer raises [$40].anthony20001 calls [$40].richsugar folds.p847519 raises [$60].putterdere folds.warden944 folds.ucelm folds.Terminator8 folds.Lestat__ folds.EmlyFischer calls [$20].anthony20001 calls [$20].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qs, 7c, 2d ]
EmlyFischer checks.anthony20001 checks.p847519 bets [$20].EmlyFischer raises [$40].anthony20001 calls [$40].p847519 calls [$20].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Qd ]
EmlyFischer bets [$40].
anthony20001 calls [$40].
p847519 calls [$40].
** Dealing River ** [ 2h ]
EmlyFischer checks.anthony20001 checks.p847519 bets [$40].EmlyFischer raises [$80].anthony20001 folds.p847519 calls [$40].
EmlyFischer shows [ 7d, 7h ] a full house, Sevens full of queens.p847519 doesn't show [ Kc, Kh ] two pairs, kings and queens.EmlyFischer wins $607 from the main pot with a full house, Sevens full of queens.
One of my friends found a problem with the way I played this hand. . . Comments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home