Friday, May 12, 2006

UB hand. . . .

UB doesn't auto-import hands into pokertracker, so I don't have the actual hand history, but here's the hand:

I had been playing for like a half hour. I initially sat in the 80-160 and made the game 7-handed. I was up a decent amount when the game started to get short again. In this hand the game was 4-handed and I was in the small blind. The guy that posted the big blind I did not have a history with, but he is a fairly regular 80 player, and he seemed very solid. The button, on the other hand, I have done well against in the past. He whines a lot, especially after taking bad beats, but I don't think he plays very well. A couple of nights earlier I 3-bet his 8-handed utg raise from the button with AQs, rivered a flush, and he showed his A7o pair of 77s that I snapped. The fact that he even showed the hand there says a lot. He doesn't like me in particular as I have often responded comically to his verbal jabs at me. I will call him "Fahigulqwua." I will call the big blind "Solid"Onto the hand. . .

The cutoff folded. Fahigulqwua raised. I 3 bet with As7s. Solid now caps. (Note: I would guess he has a wide range here, since I had 3 bet the button a few times in the past few orbits - maybe taking down two pots uncontested, showing down a winner, and one where I folded to a flop raise. In the session, however, I was up maybe 40 bbs at this point, and had been playing a lot of hands in the last 30 or 40 hands or so, so I may have seemed loose-aggressive and in isolation mode). Fahigulqwua calls two more and I called.

Flop: Qs Js 4d. I checked, Solid bet, Fahigulqwua called, I check-raised, Solid called, Fahigulqwua now 3 bet, and I capped. Both called.

Turn 2c: I bet. Solid called. Fahigulqwua called.

River 5c: I bet. Solid folded, Fahigulqwua raised, and I insta-3 bet. . . .

Thoughts?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think he's folding a pair. I also think that theres no shame in just check/calling that flop.

-ike

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why 3 bet if you claim he is a bad player??....i can only understand this if you put him on a last ditch effort to steal pot when you actually believe he has a missed draw.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flop check is nasty. I think you should be checking big hands here too like KK and AA, seems to always lead to excessive action.

The river reraise bluff is interesting. The pros are that his raise is suspicious and you have shown lots of strength, but since he hates you and you played your hand funky he will call really light.

I like the play overall.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home