Tuesday, April 25, 2006

. . .

JULES

Don't do that! Don't you fuckin'
do that! Don't blow this shit off!
What just happened was a fuckin'
miracle!

VINCENT

Chill the fuck out, Jules, this
shit happens.

JULES

Wrong, wrong, this shit doesn't
just happen.

Ok. I apologize to all my fans for the late conclusion, and, unfortunately, I have to make it brief:

After I played Justin that night, I decided to play the big game on inter. What transpired in the next 45 minutes or so was the most donkirifically frightening display of short-handed holdem the world has ever seen, not just in the big game. I got stuck 40k. I walked outside to have a cigarette. I thought about a few things: 1) I intentionally live my life in denial of many important things 2) Poker is a dumb game that play a lot, but I really can't afford to get mad at it out of spite as a result of my realization that I live my life in denial of many important things. 3) I have squandered a lot of opportunity in my life, but I can't say for certain I would be better off if I followed a different path. 4) As Max Fischer said in Rushmore: "I should probably be trying harder to score chicks. That's the only thing anybody really cares about. (sighs deeply) But it's not my forte, unfortunately." 5) What the fuck I was doing up at 3:30 a.m. when I usually get up at 7:45 a.m. to go to work, and why did I think it would be a good idea to have some Dewar's and a few beers. . . .anyways, I made a highly informed and democratic decision (by democratic I mean with the different voices in my head) to throw in the 13k I had in neteller and jump back in that game. I would have a good image going for me anyways. . . .before I do I ask Justin over aim if I can give him a call. He says he doesn't have his phone with him, which probably worked out for me. Fast forward to 7:30 a.m. I pick up from both games and look at my account: $59891.27. Jebus. . . . So, I have to stop here, but I will pick up soon. Off to the Strokes tonight with my friend Alex, who is driving up from NYC with Pierre Fraiture, who is going to turn me into a V.I.GP. tonight at the show. . . I'll write about that and other stuff soon. . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home