Friday, May 05, 2006

Grudge match. . .

I had an old friend over last night. We were just hanging out. I was in 2 stars 30 games - up a fair amount - like $2500-$3k. Then I sit in a short stud8 game and immediately get sucked out, brick, lose, what have you for like 4 or 5 hands in a row. Then this guy I really dislike, and a guy who has run well against me in the past, showed me a bluff when I folded the river in a big pot. He capped 3rd street and 4th street, so when he raised fifth I put him on a big pair instead of a low draw on 3rd because he caught two bricks. (well this was not an exact thought process obv., but this was a strong possibility. . .) I had a pair of 44s. Anyways, he shows a pair of 22s only after I folded the river. Game on. My bud went to the store. I asked him to pick up a pack of smokes for me. He comes back with Marlboro Red 100s. . .waaaaaa? Bad omen? I was even again, and it was getting heated. I received the following email. . .

"Hello GP,

We have received a complaint regarding some things you said in chat at our tables. I have reviewed the chat log and did find some of your comments to be inappropriate.

Our goal at PokerStars is to be a fun place to play, where everyone can feel comfortable. Foul language and abuse of other players takes away from everyone's enjoyment, and therefore cannot be permitted.We must ask you to refrain from using this type of language in the future, or we will be forced to remove your chat privileges. . . ." etc.

After I was up about 4k on him, I bluff-raised the river with king high. He folded, so naturally I showed him. About a minute later I won a $1700 pot, and he paid off my river 3 bet with jacks up. He was so tilted it was great. I felt like the big brother that holds his younger brother's head while he keeps swinging away at the air in front of him. I ended the night up about 8k. Grudge matches are fun to win. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home