Thursday, July 20, 2006

Taking action. . . .

Ok, so it's been a while. I will write about a bunch of exciting things later tonight, but for now I am taking action on a new bet. Somewhat inspired my Shane's latest bet, I am proposing that I will not drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes for a period of two months. . .that's right. . . two months. This will also mean I can't resort to other things or decide to develop new bad habits in this time (i.e. if I get bored and antsy I am not going to trying Robo-tripping or anything. . .) This will be an honor system type of thing (I did pay five people a total of $1900 after the last bet). I am taking all bets now, and if it gets to an amount I find sufficient, I will make it a go. So, I plan to decide by Saturday and start on Sunday if there is enough interest. (edit: I reserve the right to make it a bet and all submissions are final. So, if two people bet $100, I can cancel it, but if I get 5k in total action, all bets are final since the decision to make it a bet is relative to the total amount submitted.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt Szymaszek said...

does this have anything to do with you recent doctor visit ??? your dead money "mr jack" ... im on for a rack of red chips sir ...

10:13 PM  
Blogger G.P. said...

"Well Minnesota Smaz, I hear you like to place big time bets. . .at least everyone says you like to place big time bets. . . let's make it two racks of red chips. . . "

- fast GP

p.s. My visit to the doc was fine, but I haven't taken my blood test yet - have to go to melrose-wakefield on monday. . .

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home