Friday, April 14, 2006

Ship the Sherbert to Szymaszek. . .

So Matt S. won the $75. It seems the tiebreaker quiz was a bit harder, as the three scores were 4, 3, and 1. Here the answers. . .

1. My friend George's friend went to high school with this now professional athlete who, during a high school varsity basketball game, dunked, hung on the rim, let out a big "arrrggghhh," and grabbed his package. Was it?

c) Derek Lowe. I think this one of the funniest things ever. I got and email from George's friend to clarify that he didn't actually go to his high school, but that he squared off vs. Derek on the court on the opposing team. By the way John, I threw "Perfect sound forever" in my amazon cart. A side fun fact is that my friend Brian at work told me he was playing the new x-box (I think. . ) mlb game, and "Loud Cloud Crowd" from Face the Truth is part of the soundtrack, which is bizarre on many levels. More bizarre even, "Serpentine Pad" from Wowee Zowee is also on the soundtrack. Must have been some Pavement fans that worked on the game and had some pull with the soundtrack choices. . .

2.What was my the first tape I owned?

a) Cinderalla. . . . "Nobody's Fool! Nobody's Fool! Never again, NO NO! I count the falling tears, they fall before my eyes. Seems like a thousand years. . . .SINCE WE BROKE THE TIES!!!!!" I loved that song.

3. I call my friend Brian's couch "The Red Bitch" because it is big and has shiny Red Leather. Yesterday Brian was talking about putting a hammock in his porch, when I said "Why do you need a hammock? you have the the Red Bitch!" As I was saying "Red Bitch," what strolled right past me?

a) A short woman with bright red hair. I suppose this was a toss-up. . .

4. Who am I not seeing in concert in the next three months?

b) Tom Petty. Mike Ma wrote "I bet you think their new album (the strokes) sucks and put this question on as a way to bash them as sellouts, but it is actually good." Well, I think it is no where near the first two, but I do like it. Brian at work said it best, though: "I just can't picture you at a Tom Petty concert. That question should be easy. . . "

5. Which baseball game did I not see at Yankee Stadium?

c.) Pedro's 17 k one-hitter.

6. How am I doing right now in the 15-30 pvt table 2+2 game on party?

c.) stuck $972. I was fortunate to make a comeback over the next hour and half, however, and left up around $150. . .

7. For some dumb reason, I decided I wasn't into rock music anymore when I was like 19, so I sold about 20 cd's (with some good Jane's Addiction and Pixies' bootlegs) to the used record store in Harvard Square and got $120. What did I spend this money on?

b) meatball subs. Mike picked c. and said, "Your 'love/hate, I should do this, but won't' personality is perfect for this answer." While this is true, it turns out I got mono right after and couldn't do any shopping, but I would drift a few times a week to Stealla's and buy meatball subs. . .

8. The hand I have lost the most with in my last 120k hands of 30-60 on average per times played?

c)95s. Again, they are good candidates, and, as such, they are all near the top of list of my individual hands I lose money with.

9. After I left a cardroom in NYC, I was walking down 5th Avenue at like 11, when I sensed a presence behind me. I turned around only to find an ugly man/woman about to go for my wallet. So disturbingly gross was this person (reminded me the symbolic death figure behind Winkies in Mulholland Drive behind Winkie's), that I let out a primal scream in her face to freeze it while I side-stepped to get away from the wall, and she moved around me in with her arms out like a wrestler. What was she constanly saying as she was doing this, in an extremely manly voice?

a) "meow."

10. Chris at work one day decided to break my balls and get on my internet browser, go to google, and type something, using the space bar, so it always shows up first on auto-complete when I put the cursor in the textbox. What did he type?

b) I think this answer was good because it was tame enough to use in the workplace, but would be as humorous to see than the other two. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home